Thursday, February 23, 2012

LANDSCAPE PAINTING IN PASTELS- acknowledgements and copyright information

I offer this book for your enjoyment and personal use. I contemplated selling it, but in the final analysis I decided that it was better to give. Jesus tells us, "Freely you have received, freely give." So I will. I hope you enjoy and benefit from it.

Copyright 2010 © by Deborah Secor. All rights reserved. 
Originally published online on 2-10-2010. 

Information may be downloaded for personal use; users are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell any materials from this weblog in either machine-readable form or any other form without specific written permission of the author.

For permissions and other copyright-related questions, please email your question to: deb@deborahsecor.com

________________________________
LANDSCAPE PAINTING IN PASTELS
By Deborah Secor


________________________________
DEDICATION

To my Lord and King, Jesus Christ.
You sustain me in all things.
To You be all the glory and honor.

________________________________
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

I would like to thank Maggie Price for her help in conceiving and executing this as a workbook beginning back in 1993, and for encouraging and fostering my writing ability. I learned tremendous amounts writing under your guidance for the first five years of The Pastel Journal’s existence, and I’m so grateful for the opportunity you first gave me to begin writing professionally.

F+W Publications originally published several of these chapters as articles featured in The Pastel Journal, although many of them have since been further edited as I’ve discovered more about the subjects. I especially want to thank editors Maureen Bloomfield and Anne Hevener, each of whom has helped me along the way, as well as the entire staff of editors that have consistently corrected and improved on what I've written. Many thanks to Philip Van Hulle for editing these pages. I’ve learned over the years that a good editor works hard to make the author look better than she is.

The people who have passed through my classrooms for over 20 years have acted as the catalyst for this book, constantly seeking to understand more, consistently asking excellent and engaging questions that required me to find the bottom line, and providing the enjoyment of watching them journey along the pastel pathway. I meant it every time I said, “It’s looking good. Keep going!”

A special thanks to my Thursday art gang who have kept coming back for many years of fun, work and growth. Some have come and gone, but you all know who you are. It’s a privilege to teach such a talented group. I couldn’t do it without you. You always make me look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment